Sunday, December 25, 2005

Pine cones and holly berries...

It's the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas.

This year, it's simply marvelous celebrating with my family here. It seems like the whole UK side of the family is here. My cousin Yen Ling (who's only 2 days older than me), my aunt and uncle, and cousins Jade and Adam...

We had a lovely roast dinner for Christmas, then there was the dash for wrapping paper to wrap all the goodies and such. And we had a Chinese New Yeary feel to it as well, with a few rounds of mahjong. I won most of it! ^_^ What can I say? After all, I *am* Lady Luck's golden child. =P

The turkey is cooking in the oven, and everything is quiet this time of the night. I half expect Santa to creep stealthily down the chimney.

I'll be sad to see 2005 go. It's been a great year. A year of friendship and feasts, a year of endings and new beginnings. A year of laughter and tears, and most of all year of love and reunion.

It's probably been one of the happiest years of my life. This year is probably all my wishes and dreams come true and all my Christmas wishes/birthday presents put together. And for that I'm so very thankful.

And to all of you, thank you so much for sharing those joys, tears and laughter, championing my cooking feats, albeit vicariously, and perking me up by leaving little messages that somehow always bring a smile on the bleakest of days.

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Here's wishing you a smooth and easy-going year ahead.

Jay said...

Aiyoh so aunty, can play mahjong one.

Happy New Year, ma'am.

Spot said...

Happy New Year vish!

Feast is a damn heavy book.

Karen said...

happy new year! wishing you a year full of new adventures, good food, special friendships and dreams come true.