
London was utter decadence.
You name it, I've probably done it. I even climbed an apple tree and ate fresh blueberries!
And kissed a girl. On the lips. With tongue. Because we had to prove we were 'partners' to get into G-A-Y. The bouncer was probably just pulling our legs, but we thought, what the hell... we only live once.
It was... different.
I don't think I'd mind kissing a girl. No really. But then again I like kissing men as well. Sheesh, why don't someone give me a man and a girl and let me have them both?
*grin*
Spent a big chuck of my nights in London at Soho. At G-A-Y, and Soho bar, and KuBar and mana tu forgot the name liao. Those are pictures taken with Yen and the rest of the MAS crew members. I absolutely adore Shukri (the guy without shirt), he's fucking cool and he's damn selamba about everything. And he promised to bring milo 3-in-1 everytime he flies to London. How can I not love someone who promises me that?
I like gay bars. I don't have to worry about being 'taken advantage of' or pei yan pok mong, because the guys would rather 'pok' other guys than kacau us girls. I feel safer there. After all, I only go there to dance and hang out with friends, not pull. I don't like gweilos. I don't know why. I just don't find them attractive... and they all look the same to me.
Terrible huh?
Its odd because Yen shares the same birthday as me and she ONLY goes out with white guys. Well except for once la. But she doesn't like Asian men. And me, I ONLY date asian guys except for one. Heh.
I miss Yen.
I miss apple picking with her at Jason's backyard. I miss squashing the apples and making lawak bodohs with apples. Like stufffing them into our shirts to make our boobs look porn star big. Like trying to walk across the lawn with an apple balanced on top of our heads. Like climbing the apple tree.
Jason must have thought he just invited two raving lunatic jackoons whos never seen apple trees (which is true) back to his place! But he ever so patiently layaned us. Of course la, we helped him do the gardening and trimmed the bushes and all that leh...
Such nice people hor?

Spent a lot of time with friends, mostly over meals, being typically Malaysian. Sometimes over coffee at Starbucks. Sometimes over a few drinks at pubs around London where I got to know a few other local London guys who seemed determined to get me drunk.
Ijun brought me for Japanese at Japan Central. Had my favourite udon with vegetable tempura, but the veggie tempura was a bit of a sham, cos it turned out to be just deep friend onion rings. Sheesh. Dissapointing, but it was lovely udon, chewy and wholesome, perfect for that cold autumn weather. We had california rolls and he had salmon teriyaki.
Been awhile since I had Japanese food.
*happy sated smile*
And I just remembered that I actually wanted to buy bonito flakes and japanese ingredient stuff in London. But forgot. All the more reason to go back there one of these weekends! Yeayness.
Ijun also brought me to the apple megastore. Omigod! Awesome. Nerd heaven. Looks like something out of a 21 century new age alien movie or something. I want an iPod nano now!! I want an iBook! iWant, iWant, iWant!!!
We went to Edgeware Road later to meet up with Jason at Mawar. They had charkoayteow which didn't really taste like charkoayteow. I had... teh o ais limau and soya bean! Was a bit too full after the udon. but teh o ais limau and then soya bean, and surrounded with so many Malaysian faces and people speaking chinese and malay... it almost felt like home.
But its funny that I've come to a point where I don't miss home all that much anymore. 8 months have passed since I've came here and I'm happy here. I like it here. I like the people I meet, I like the way I live, I like that I don't have to depend on a car to get me where I want to go and I discovered the joys of walking. Not to say that I'm ready to give up my heels just yet la. I love the weather here, I love the live and let live way of life.
No I can't live in Plymouth, its too quiet for me. I need something with more life before it eats up my life and energy. I like London. Albeit, a few weeks on holiday doensn't really count for much. I won't know until I live there whether or not I'd really like it there.
But this much I know. I beh tahan Plymouth.
Its too quiet. When its too quiet I get lazy. I get lethargic. Its a whole momentum thing, you know the way the busiest people always seem to have time to do everything, but the people with the most time seem to not have enough time to do anything?
Its like that.
I never have time to do anything in Plymouth because I think I have all the time in the world. Whereas in somewhere more, well, fast paced, I have the time and energy to do all i have to do and then some.
Thats it I need to get a job. If only to get me moving and do something useful with my time.
I nak balik Londonnnnnnnnnnnnnn......
6 comments:
wah lau Girl. talk about Blog overload. so much in such a short span. o.O
London is just awesome innit? wish i was there. tho i would've definitely spent more time at the tourissy spots than at them gay bars.
haha, back in Plymouth marr...
obviously nothing better to do.
buek.
err... i've seen the touristy spots. Tate Modern, Trafalgar, National Gallery, the whole of Convent Garden etc etc etc.. they're nice.
but I'm a bit of a Phillistine *blush*
I end up shopping for souvenirs and magnetically drawn to shoes and bags.
I'd much rather experience the culture and do the things people do than look at inanimate objects. Cathedrals everywhere look the same to me. But plays... plays are something else.
Next time I go London I'm gonna watch Les Miserables, Lion King, Mamma Mia and the Lady in White. And all the other theatre things. Me likey.
tsk, we all should have a UK/ London blogger meet or something!
yeah we should!!
do! do!
ooooo, i so wanna go watch "We Will Rock You" at the Dominion... *sniff sniff*
you don't get good musicals in Malaysia....... pah
Post a Comment